Dhanesh-Indian grey hornbill

I came across a new bird today on 6th May in the morning while strolling in the MERI colony . I walked for some time and went inside the lonely place. A peacock fluttering and spreading its colorful wings caught my eyes . It was flying a little bit on the building inside the lonely place where are many trees having large branches.I sat on the ground facing to the trees and looking at the beautiful bird. It disappeared soon.. I started to listen a marathi song ," sunya sunya maifilit majhya tujhech git gat aahe.." also I was singing the same song. Suddenly I saw a grey colored bird on the big tree in front of me . I was attracted by its long tail and curved beak.It was wagging its tail as it perched on a branch. I noticed that the bird was not alone . A juvenile or female joined him. Soon a pair of birds came to meet them on the same tree. I became very curios to know them. Actually I have some information about the birds ,but I was not sure whether they are ' Dhanesh'. So I searched on google. Google or internet  is my best friend . At any place ,any time I can get the proper information on net. When I put the word dhanesh bird ,a lot of images appeared and it became clear that the birds were none than Indian grey hornbills. I was very happy to see the group of Indian grey hornbill birds.  All the birds were living and flying together one after one to the nearby trees . Also sounding nicely. 
     Indian Grey Hornbill ...what a nice name. As the bird has grey colour all over the body., all the feathers are also grey with white belly..so it is known as Grey coloured . One can easily understand its bill with a short casque over the bill.It is sharp . The  bill looks curved with dark or white or yellowish color. I can identify the bird again with its tail,horn , bill, grey color and flying with other friends.
     When I walked out from the colony ,I got the view of the bird again  on a tree . This time I observed its casque very clearly. And I come to know that these birds live in lonely places where there are more trees . They love to be with in pairs or in groups.
Hope , I can visit and meet them again and again. (A photo taken from google images)

Comments

Popular Posts