Tejas: Stories of Change book launch event



Tejas: stories of change book launch event held in Taj lands, Bandra on 27th August 2019. Indeed a great experience for me and my Nashik Tejas team who were warmly invited to attend the program of Tejas case story book publishing. In this team Suyog Dixit (tag C, Igatpuri), Prashant Shinde (Tag C, Aadavat, Yeola) Pratiksha Gaikawad (tag C, Niphad), Sameer Deode ( Tag c, Lasalgaon), Rupali Athare (a tag teacher, Nashik) & Babasaheb Chavhanke ( a parent of a 5th std learner, Lasalgaon) and me were cordially invited by British Council, as our stories of change have been selected and included in the book: Tejas: Stories of Change.

   Tejas is one of the most favourite programs widely known and loved by the community of teachers who are interested in learning English language. It's truly appreciated by Mr Satyjeet Salian (Education lead, Tata trusts)," Tejas is a program of the teachers, for the teachers and by the teachers."
This was launched in 9 districts in 2016 and still continued with the support of RAA, A'bad, British Council and Tata trusts. It benefited 22 State academic resource persons, 250 tag coordinators, 10000 teachers, & 5.4 Lacs learners from Nashik, Nandurbar, Nagpur, Amravati, Need, Aurangabad, Hingoli, Gadchiroli & Yavatmal.

 Tejas, stories of change are compiled by British Council and published by the hands of Hon'ble Shri Aashish Shelar, Minister of Education, Maharashtra on Tuesday at hotel Taj lands end in Bandra.
 The following dignitaries of Scert, RAA, A'bad, Tata trusts, & British Council were present.

( GoM)
Dr Suvarna Kharat, Dr Neha Belsare, Dr Subhash Kamble, Mr siddhesh Wadkar, Dr Ujjwal Karawande, Dr Pramod Kumavat, Mr Ajay Kumar Funde, 
Tata trusts: Mr Satyjeet Salian, Mrs Malvika Jha


British Council: Helen Sylvester, Urvi
Shah, Gauri Puranik, Radhika Gholkar, Rustum Modi, Ivy Cabral, Priya Iyyar, Purnima Awasthi, Anupriya Sathe, Aniket Kalaskar, Kamini Taneja.

SARPs: Shridhar Nagargoje, Nissar Shaikh, Prakash Waghmare, Nagesh Lohare, 

Tejas stakeholders: Tag Cs from Nashik and Mumbai.

  When our Nashik team was selected for attending this program, we were very delighted. Suyog and I got the opportunity not only to present in front of the Minister of Education and other dignitaries who were present, but also got a chance to talk with media people. 
 I specially thanks to Kamini ma'am who gave a lot of time to support us about our presentation. She listened to us carefully and suggested few corrections through face to face and on zoom call.
She made our group members very comfortable and confident so that we could speak flawlessly and interact with press people without any hesitation. It worked a lot as I discussed with my team.
 We were very nervous about our presentation, but lots of practice, it made us easy and simple. I think
Both the speeches done by Suyog and me were quite impressive and natural.
You can read and watch here.

(Hon.Ashishji Shelar sir, Edu.Minister, Mr Satyjeet sir, hon'ble Kharat ma'am, Helen ma'am, Hon'ble Dr Nehaji Belsare ma'am,
Hon.Dr Subhashji Kamble sir (Dir.Raa, Aurangabad), and  All the dignitaries and my dear SARPs and Tejas stakeholders who are here and those who are watching us on zoom.
Hello everyone, I'm Ashok Chavan, working as a SARP in DIECPD Nashik since 2016.
First, I am greatly privileged to be part of this beautiful event.
My key learning from Tejas program is using ICT for my own cpd and mentoring tag coordinators and tag teachers.
I used technology for academic and administrative purposes.Before joining Tejas project, I was unable to use social media platforms. Now I use Twitter and write blogs confidently. I'm also trying to use padlet,zoom meetings,& Google docs to interact, support, and learn from each other. So that's quite remarkable for me and our SARPs, also.
  When I joined DIECPD Nashik in 2016, Firstly I formed WhatsApp group, where I included all my 44 Tag coordinators,  I also included DIECPD principal, EO primary, and block level officers.So that they could support tag coordinators. This also helped to solve problems of tag cs in real time. We use this WhatsApp group to encourage, motivate and appreciate the best practices shared by Tag coordinators.
 I got huge opportunity to shadow with British Council training consultants to observe tag meetings and to observe classrooms.
In my classroom observation I see the change. And the change is that teachers are using English fluently, and students are also responding to them in English. I see teachers are using ideas from tag meetings and implementing into their classrooms. Means they put their learners into pairs, groups and they talk in English. It's quite remarkable.
  I'm highly obliged to British Council, Tata trust and my colleagues for giving me the opportunity to attend the 52nd IATEFL conference held in Brighton (UK) in April 2018.
Thank you Tejas. Thank you RAA, A'bad,  and thanks to elite people from Tata trust and especially I'd like to thank my dear SARPs, Tag coordinators for bringing positive atmosphere about  ELT across Maharashtra.
I'm pretty much sure and assure you all that we all sarps, tag coordinators will keep this legacy sustainable.
Thank you.

(You can watch here)

A news published in Indian express.








Comments

Kalpana S David said…
Perfect. Aptly used the words to express.Indeed, you deserve it
It's really proudy to all Tag coordinators and tag teachers too.we saw your all members success journey very closely, and we fascinated towards you.its really a a example of hard work pays,
Again you all motivated us to do the new things honestly .
You all have done great job ����.�������� proud of you .
Best wishes for a bright future, may God give you a lot of opportunity to prove yourself in a different ways ��������������������������
It's really proudy to all Tag coordinators and tag teachers too.we saw your all members success journey very closely, and we fascinated towards you.its really a a example of hard work pays,
Again you all motivated us to do the new things honestly .
You all have done great job ����.�������� proud of you .
Best wishes for a bright future, may God give you a lot of opportunity to prove yourself in a different ways ��������������������������
Really nice to read about the event. Success story of TEJAS ..... Congratulations to all participants. Keep it up. My best wishes are always with you all.

Ganit mitra Valmik chavan.

Popular Posts